Hospital groups, managed care organizations, employer groups and third party administrators (TPAs) operate in a competitive environment for delivering healthcare. Many now rely on geospatial data to make critical decisions about healthcare services, network expansion, regulatory reporting and risk management. In addition, pharmaceutical companies use GIS applications for target marketing, management and territory planning.
Healthcare sectors can use location in key strategic areas to:
* Understand the overall health and morbidity of a population in any area
* Analyse health care coverage to identify gaps or inefficiencies in services offered
* Match their network of healthcare specialists and providers to the needs of the population
* Offer members, patients and others "provider-locator" applications to help locate and select healthcare providers
* Choose optimal locations for new hospitals, outpatient clinics or offices
* Deliver in-home medical services more efficiently
As costs of delivering healthcare continue to rise, providers and administrators must do all they can to maximize efficiency and minimize waste. With the data from mapping and location-based data solutions from CERSGIS, healthcare planners can select optimal sites to best serve patient populations by contacting us now .